Sunday, October 4, 2009

Imperial Stout - October 4th

Just finished putting two fermenters of Munton's Gold Imperial Stout in the closet.
Mmmmm, happy yeast should start the process soon.

I've brewed this all extract kit for a couple of years now and I highly recommend it if you like a smooth rich flavored dark beer. There's not a lot I think I could do to improve on it however Rebel did a special order for me so I had to get three. Now I must research and contemplate if there are any adjuncts or additions that might go well with it.

10 gallons should last me and any visitors throughout the winter. Since another 5 gallon batch is likely to come into play soon - I may have to supply it up to the Christmas party. Mmm, stout.

Even though this is a kit, I'll go ahead and record the specs.

brewed:
Oct 4, 2009

O.G. 1.009

secondary fermentation:
~Oct 18th

F.G.

kegged: 10/11/09
** Keg A has 5oz of priming sugar
Keg B will be force carbed

results:

No comments:

Post a Comment